Minutes of a Parish Council Meeting held remotely on
Tuesday 23rd March 2021 at 7.30pm
Present: Councillors: Sylvia Matthews, Nigel Moore, Barbara Fisher, Simon Wainewright, Nick Saunders, John Norman, Neil Wheeler and Paul Lodge.
Mark Hearne (Parish Clerk) and eleven members of the public were also present.
- To receive apologies for absence – Councillor John Joseph. The Clerk reported that Councillor Liz Dingsdale has resigned from the Parish Council.
- To receive declarations of interest & written requests for dispensation – The Chairman and Councillor Wainewright declared a non-DPI interest against agenda item 9.7. It was agreed that Councillor Moore will assume the chair for this part of the meeting.
- To consider the minutes of the meeting held on the 23rd February 2021 – It was RESOLVED to adopt the minutes as a true record, and these will be signed by the Chairman in due course.
- Open Session –
- To receive views from residents on parish matters. The following issues were raised:
4.1.1- A resident raised the issue of grass verges which is due to be discussed later in the meeting. With the involvement of Councillors Fisher, Saunders and Lodge some initial work has been undertaken in identifying verges which would benefit from a single and late cut in the growing season. A complete list will be forwarded to the Clerk in time to meet the Balfour Beatty deadline.
4.1.2 – A resident[s] provided background information on his plans for building a three-bedroom house (planning application 210079) and highlighted changes from the previous application 191534.
4.1.3 – A resident provided background information on his plans for a dog walking paddock (planning application 210583).
4.1.4 – A resident asked about the tendering process for various roles required by the Parish Council and enquired about the completed and future work programme for the Lengthsman.
4.1.5 – A resident suggested that where safety issues allow all grass verges in the parish should be subject to one late cut during the growing season. The same resident raised an issue in connection with the following planning applications:
- Planning application 210428 – It was suggested that given the proposed change from a two bedroom to a four- bedroom dwelling it should be subject to a fresh planning application.
- Planning application 210254 – Registered surprise that the applicant had not reconsidered proposals for the plot and opted for a single storey dwelling.
4.2 – Ward Councillor report