Minutes 26th July 2016

A Meeting of Llangarron Parish Council was held on Tuesday, 26th July, 2016 at Llangarron Village Hall at 8.00 p.m. with Miss S. Cooper in the Chair.

Present at the Meeting were Councillors Bainbridge, Cooper, Fisher, Hitchen, Jones, Morehead and Turner together with Herefordshire Ward Councillor for Llangarron, Miss Elissa Swinglehurst.   There were 7 members of the public present.

Apologies of absence were received from Councillors Bailey, Joseph and Wright.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Mr. T. Aylmer and his Architect – re proposed development in fields behind Baytree Cottage, Llangrove.

Declaration of Interest

No Declarations of Interest made.

Minutes of the last Meeting

The Minutes of the Meeting held on 28th June, 2016 and Open Meeting held on 20th July, 2016 having been previously circulated, were taken as read, confirmed and signed as a true and correct record by the Chair.

Matters Arising

Planning Decisions:

161338 – Proposed change of use of former building currently used as an aircraft hanger to one residential unit at Tredunnock Farm, Llangarron, Ross on Wye, Hfds. for Mr. J. Thorpe.  Planning Permission Granted.

Planning Appeal – 131997 – Replacement dwelling at The Laurels, Llangrove, Ross on Wye, Hfds. for Mr. J. Travis.  Noted that the appeal in respect of ridge tiles had been refused by the Planning Inspectorate and that tiles would need to be removed and replaced.

Other Matters:

Casual Vacancy – Following the resignation of Mrs. Hayward the Clerk had notified Hfds. Council.  Notices of the vacancy would go up shortly.  If no election called, then the Parish Council would be allowed to co-opt a Councillor at September meeting.

Highways ‑ Old Matters:

Up Dates –  Trewen Floods – Leave in abeyance.  Flood issues at Tre Essey Farm – Leave in abeyance. Vegetation around signage on A466 – David Atkinson, Locality Steward confirmed this would be done.  Drain adjacent to Trecilla Farm, Llangarron – the Clerk had raised this with David Atkinson who had confirmed that a small retaining wall would be constructed in due course to alleviate any potential problem.  Grass growing in centre of road to Trereece – a quote had been received from Mr. T. Griifiths to scrape off and remove soil in the sum of £150 plus VAT.  The Councillors felt that this amount to spend was too high and agreed at the proposal of Mr. Morehead and seconded by Mrs. Fisher that following an inspection and approval by Chair that the go ahead should be given if felt appropriate.

Parish Lengthsman –   Mr. Griffiths not in attendance to give report, but he had submitted a report via e mail to Clerk but it had been too late to circulate.  Agreed Clerk to circulate and discuss at next meeting.  Clerk reported that Mr. Griffiths had now returned the Contract but proof of insurance was still awaited. Agreed no payment to be made to Mr. Griffiths until all documents received.  Invoice received for July inspection totalling £332.40.  At proposal of Mr. Bainbridge and seconded by Mrs. Fisher agreed to pay same once documentation in hand.

Highways New Matters

Treribble Road – the Clerk advised she had received further complaints about mud on road and overgrown verges at Treribble Lane.  She was in process of trying to ascertain whose hedges were causing the problems and would write to those people in due course.

TRO Workshop – Clerk gave reminder that this was scheduled for 4th August, 2016 at 6 pm in Balfour Beatty offices.

Sand Bags – noted that empty sand bags now available from Balfour Beatty but no sand, as Councils were required to purchase the sand.  Agreed to ask Mr. Griffiths to store empty bags.

Footpaths

Report from BFisher – Materials had been delivered and work scheduled for 2nd and 3rd August, 2016.

LG 46 and LG47 – Chair advised that Open Meeting had taken place on  Wednesday 20th July, 2016 at Llangrove Village Hall at 8.15 p.m.  Copy of minutes had been circulated.  Noted that 27 present who all agreed that they were prepared to do something to bring about improvements and points agreed as follows:- in the interim Clerk had ordered 24 tonne of free plannings and it was hoped these could be delivered within next week.  Mr. Joseph to liaise with Clint Thomas to assist with moving plannings.  Clerk had sought advice from David Atkinson re adopting lane and had been told to write to Mr. A. Bing, Adoption Officer at Hfds. Council.  Mr. Atkinson was also carrying out inspection of manhole covers and would take up issue of protruding covers with WWA.  Clerk had written to HALC and was awaiting response on legal position of Parish Council holding money for local residents to pay for any works.  Mr. Joseph was in discussion with Freemans to see if they would quote for carrying out works.

Planning Applications                     

161985  –  Proposed new carport, workshop, garage, storage and studio building at Brook House, Llangrove, Llangrove, Ross on Wye, Hfds. for Mr. I. Power.  The Parish Council have no objections to this Planning Application.

Neighbourhood Plan                       

Julie Joseph, Chair of Steering Group was present and gave update on progress and possible numbers of houses in each village to be allocated.  Agreed Steering Group would reconvene to get grant application submitted with a view to going out to consultation as soon as possible with a six week consultation period and hopefully all in place prior to year end.  Councillors would be e mailed Plan early September prior to it being sent out.

Hfds. Council SHLAA

Letter received calling for sites to be included in Hfds. Council Strategic Housing Land availability Assessment.  Clerk to respond that Neighbourhood plan when complete would identify sites.

Community Infrastructure Levy       

Response received via Elissa Swinglehurst from Neighbourhood Plan Team at Hfds. Council that the Plan should include spending projects and priorities.  The Parish Council would leave Steering Group to finalise this.

Hfds. Council Bus Review               

Noted this was out for Consultation and response required by 16th October, 2016.  Agreed Mr. Jones would investigate and report back to next meeting.

Hfds. Council Travellers Review      

Noted that consultation to be completed by 19th September, 2016.  As there were no sites identified in the immediate vicinity, nobody would be affected.

Finance

Payments – Parish Freighter booked 8th October, 2016 at Llangrove Car Park, 11 am to 1 pm at cost of £395.00.  At proposal of Mr. Hitchen and seconded by Mrs. Fisher agreed to pay the same.

Audit – Clerk reported that this would be received back from Auditors prior to next meeting and Invoice would need to be paid within 7 days.  All agreed Clerk to pay and report back next meeting.

Correspondence Received

Nothing to report as all circulated to Councillors.

Any Other Business

Llangrove Bus Shelter – Mr. Jones raised the issue of graffiti in bus shelter and whether an art project could be organised to tidy it up.  Agreed Clerk to contact Rainbows, Brownies, Beavers, Cubs and Scouts to see if they would like to be involved with the Parish Council providing materials.  If none of these parties interested, Clerk to put request out on Llangrove Links.

There being no further business, the Meeting was closed by the Chair at 9.30 p.m.

The date of the next Meeting to be Tuesday, 27th September, 2016 at 8.00 p.m. at Llangrove Academy.