Minutes 28th October 2014

A Meeting of Llangarron Parish Council was held on Tuesday, 28th October, 2014 at Llangarron Village Hall at 8.00 p.m. with Mr. P.J. Bailey in the Chair.

 

Present at the Meeting were Councillors Bailey, Brewer, Chamberlain, Hayward, Jones, F.J. Lane and G.E. Lane. There was 1 member of the public present.

 

Apologies of absence were received from Councillors Cooper, Fisher, Morehead and Phillips.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION No items raised.

 

Declaration of Interest

F.J. Lane – Discussion re Planning Application P143138/FH – Old Shoppe Cottage, Llangrove.

Minutes of the last Meeting

The Minutes of the Meeting held on 30th September, 2014 having been previously circulated, were taken as read, confirmed and signed as a true and correct record by the Chairman.

 

Matters Arising

Planning Decisions:

P133459/F – Discharge of Section 106 Planning Obligation on SH891647/PF at Tredunnock Farm, Llangarron, Ross on Wye, Hfds. for Mr. J. Thorpe. Planning Permission Granted.
P142146/F – Use of Land for temporary siting of mobile home for agricultural manager at The Grove Farm, Llangrove, Ross on Wye, Hfds. For Mr. J. Gee. Planning Permission Granted.
P142295/FH – Proposed first floor extensions and ground floor extension at Lilac Cottage, Three Ashes, St. Weonards, Hfds. for Mr. and Mrs. N. Fletcher. Planning Permission Granted.
P142435/F – Extension to existing holiday let unit at Littlefields Farm, Llangarron, Ross on Wye, Hfds. for Mr. and Mrs. V. Jones. Planning Permission Refused.
P142269/F (Amended Plans) – Proposed construction of two detached dwellings with garages, new vehicular access and closure of existing access at Tretawdy Cottage, Llangrove, Ross on Wye, Hfds. for Collins Design and Build. Planning Permission Granted.

Planning Appeal:

Yew Tree House, Llangrove – A letter had been received from Hfds. Council advising that the Planning Application P140855/F had been submitted to Planning Inspectorate appealing against refusal of permission by applicant Mr. J. Bothamley. Agreed no further comments to make, but Clerk to request copy of decision.

Grove Farm, Llangrove – The Clerk advised that following the creation of new access into field under the ownership of Mr. Pearson and concerns raised by local residents with regard to this new access and the fact that new track not being used, the matter had been referred to Planning Enforcement. They had since viewed and had now advised Mr. Pearson that access opposite Hawkeswood unauthorised and needed to be closed off, they had also told him BT pole needed to be relocated in line with original plans, Footpath sign to be reinstated and they were also going to organise a further site visit, as Enforcement Officer not in agreement with the access to new track. Agreed that Planning Office would now monitor this situation.

 

Other Matters:

BT Telephone Kiosk in Llangarron – Noted that Clerk had reported this by leaving message on BT answering service. Agreed to monitor and if no repairs in hand by next meeting, Clerk to chase up.

 

Highways  Old Matters:

Up Dates – Drain adjacent to Little Bernithan Farm – Although it was noted that work appeared to have taken place at this point, Clerk to request clarification from David Atkinson, Locality Manager. Hedge at Ridgeway Crescent – Noted that this hedge still not cut back. Agreed Clerk to request David Atkinson to take further action. Pot Holes and Salt Bins – Clerk reported that she had raised the requests made, but to date no action taken. Clerk also reported that she had again referred U71225 to Balfour Beatty as she had received telephone call from a resident who had managed to get her electric Wheelchair caught in pot hole and had had to use mobile phone to call husband to assist her. Bollards at Symonds Trewen – Clerk had taken this up with David Atkinson who was prepared to issue a formal Obstruction Notice but he suggested that Parish Lengthsman had indicated that he would speak with landowner. Agreed that Clerk should instruct David Atkinson to send Notice. Speed Limits through Llangrove – Clerk had written to Graham Hornsby, Traffic Regulation Officer at Balfour Beatty, who had indicated that there was a list of 77 waiting for speed restrictions but the request from Parish Council would be looked into and allotted a place on waiting list. Reclassification of roads – Clerk had again written to Graham Hornsby on this item and he had sent back various criteria concerning same. Agreed that possibly no advantages to be gained and so leave as at present. Drainage at Llangarron Bridge – Chairman reported that he, Mr. G.E. Lane and Mr. Chris Briggs had met at Llangarron Bridge with David Atkinson and he had agreed to get Balfour Beatty to attend on site and install bigger drainage system to assist with getting water away in flood situation. The work was to be carried out within 28 days.

Parish Lengthsman – A quote had been received from Mr. T. Griffiths in the sum of £975 plus VAT for works as agreed by Chairman and G.E. Lane. Agreed to instruct Mr. Griffiths. The Chairman advised that Mr. B. Powell had been to see him regarding ditch installed adjacent to his gate at Tre Essey which he now considered blocked his access. The ditch had been installed by Parish Council in an attempt to get water off road to stop flooding at this point. Meeting was opened to allow Mr. Griffiths to participate. Agreed Clerk to request site meeting with David Atkinson, Brian Powell, Terry Griffiths, Chairman and G.E. Lane in an effort to get this clarified and resolved. Discussion took place on new Parish Lengthsman Scheme to be implemented by Balfour Beatty whereby Parish Councils could have funding matched if they put extra in to scheme and also noted that Parish Council would have to pay Lengsthman first and then reclaim monies from Balfour Beatty. Mr. Griffiths was able to fill in the Councillors more on this matter as he had attended a meeting where it had been explained and gave them details he knew. In conclusion it was agreed that Mr. Griffiths would prepare an Annual Plan and estimates of costs re line drainage and ditch cleaning for the Parish Council to consider at next meeting. Clerk would also forward what documentation she had received around Councillors. Noted that by November meeting official confirmation should be received from Balfour Beatty and the issues involved would be clearer. Meeting closed to the public.

 

Highways New Matters

Llangrove Signage – Mr. Jones suggested that the Village signs within Llangrove required replacing. Agreed that if one village was done all four would request replacements and costs would be prohibitive.
Parking in road at The Mount, Llangrove – agreed to place on next Agenda.
Pot Holes – Miss Brewer advised several pot holes on road between Panbrook and Llangarron Court – Clerk had previously reported, but would report again.
Lay By at Llancloudy – Mrs. Hayward supplied photographs of a very badly damaged unofficial pull in on A466, which local residents at Llancloudy would like addressed prior to planting of spring flowers in the area. Agreed Clerk to request David Atkinsons’advice on this, either the pull in is made official and tidied up and signed, or it is blocked off to stop further erosion.
Sandbags – Balfour Beatty had written requesting notification of how many sandbags were required. Agreed to request 30 plus spare bags to refill damaged bags and some suitable covering to keep bags protected.
Overgrown Hedge at Old Shoppe Cottage, Llangrove – Agreed hedge needed to be cut back as it was blocking vision – Clerk to write to Mr. Vine.

Footpaths

 

Nothing to report in the absence of Mrs. Fisher.

 

Planning Applications

 

P143138/FH – Proposed erection of a detached car port and log/trailerstore at Old Shoppe Cottage, Llangrove, Ross on Wye, Hfds. for Mr. and Mrs. M. Vine. The Parish Council have no objections to this Application.

Neighbourhood Plan

 

The Clerk reported that two further meetings had taken place and Minutes of same had been circulated. The preparations were all in hand for 2nd Consultation day on 1st November and it was hoped that all Councillors would endeavour to show their support and attend. The Clerk reported that two Accounts had been paid from Grant Monies as follows – Post Office Ltd. re Stamps £286.44 and HALC re Address Labels £39.60. At proposal of Mrs. Hayward and seconded by Miss Brewer it was formally agreed that this was in order. In regard to Grant, it had now been finalised that any unspent money would need to be returned as of 31st December, 2014. Discussion followed on whether or not Julie Joseph would have finished her works by then. Agreed that she would be paid as at 31st December with a letter being exchanged to clarify work had to be completed.

 

Finance

 

Payments: At the proposal of Mr. Chamberlain and seconded by Mr. Jones agreed to pay BOSS in respect of Stationery in the sum of £148.79. An invoice had been received from Community First in respect of Subscription in the sum of £50 – agreed not to renew. At the proposal of Mr. F.J. Lane and seconded by Mr. Jones agreed to pay Clerk the sum of £20 in respect of Petty Cash.

Precept – Clerk gave Notice of precept form which would need to be completed at November Meeting and asked for Councillors to bring forward any expenditure they would like to be considered.

 

Standing Orders/Finance Regs.

 

Clerk had circulated these and as no objections raised it was formally proposed by Miss Brewer and seconded by Mr. Chamberlain that they be formally adopted. All present were in agreement and both Chairman and Clerk signed to complete process.

 

Code of Conduct

 

As outlined at previous meeting Clerk had indicated that Code of Conduct also needed up date. She had prepared and circulated same and all present were in Agreement and signed up to same formally adopting to abide by Code of Conduct. Agreed that Miss Cooper, Mrs. Fisher, Mr. Morehead and Mr. Phillips would sign at next meeting. Clerk would forward copy of same to Hfds. Council.

 

Correspondence Received

Hfds. Council – Core Strategy.
HALC – Newsletters.
Balfour Beatty – Annual Plan.
D. Atkinson – Weekly Updates.

 

Any Other Business

 

No items raised.

 

There being no further business, the Meeting was closed by the Chairman at 9.40 p.m.

The date of the next Meeting to be Tuesday, 25th November, 2014 at 8.00 p.m. at Llangrove Academy