Minutes 31st January 2017

A Meeting of Llangarron Parish Council was held on Tuesday, 31st January, 2017 at Llangarron Village Hall at 8.00 p.m. with Miss S. Cooper in the Chair.

Present at the Meeting were Councillors Bailey, Bainbridge, Cooper, Fisher, Hitchen, Jones, Joseph, Morehead, Thomas and Turner together with Herefordshire Ward Councillor for Llangarron, Miss Elissa Swinglehurst and Balfour Beatty Locality Steward David Atkinson.   There was 1 member of the public present.

Apologies of absence were received from Councillor Wright.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

No items raised.

Declaration of Interest

No items raised.

Minutes of the last Meeting

The Minutes of the Meetings held on 29th November, 2016 and 10th January, 2017 having been previously circulated, were taken as read, confirmed and signed as a true and correct record by the Chair.

Matters Arising

Planning Decisions:

163737 – Exterior upgrades and material alterations to an existing building (1) replacing the existing asbestos and Yorkshire board cladding. (2) remove and permanently close and existing vehicle access door and install four new personnel doors (retrospective) at Unit 1, Three Ashes, Hfds. for Mr. B. Hatch.  Planning Permission Granted.

163992 – Proposed cottage and access at Wendover, Three Ashes, Hfds. for Mr. and Mrs. D. Holmes.  Application Withdrawn.

Other Matters: Precept – Clerk advised that she had displayed budget/precept on web site and notice board and as no feedback forthcoming, she had submitted the request agreed at November Meeting in the sum of £9,500.  Annual Parish Meeting – scheduled for Tuesday, 21st March, 2017 at Llangarron Village Hall at 7.30 p.m. Speaker confirmed as Mr. John Campion, West Mercia Police and Crime Commissioner.  Clerk had organised advertising.

Highways ‑ Old Matters:

Up Dates –  Trewen Floods and Flood issues at Tre Essey Farm – Agreed to leave in abeyance.

Parish Lengthsman –   Mr. Griffiths not in attendance to give report.  However, he had submitted Wish List which had been circulated to Councillors.  Discussion followed on this item and agreed to proceed as the grant money had to be used by 31st March, 2017.  Agreed that as a proviso for giving all of the work to Mr. Griffiths that he is asked to remove grass growing in road from Llangarron through to Ruxton and the mud in the road at Stoney Bridge.  Two invoices had been received in the sum of £676.80 for December and January inspections.  At proposal of Mr. Morehead and seconded by Mr. Joseph agreed to pay same.  It was noted that following the payment of the above agreed work and payment of February and March invoices there would still be money in hand.  Agreed Mr. Griffiths be asked for a further wish list.  The Clerk reported that she had returned Expression of interest form and subsequent Annual Plan, so all was in place to receive the maximum grant from Hfds. Council for 2017/18.

Winter Self Help – No action needed, but money in hand should weather conditions necessitate action.

Highways New Matters

Speeding traffic in Llangarron – Reports had been received of speeding traffic in and around Llangarron at around 9.30 – 10.30 pm and whether speed restriction in Llangarron would help.  Agreed that as roads were wider through the village and there were far less people walking the route than in Llangrove, speed restriction not necessary.  However, agreed that the Clerk would contact Ross on Wye Police in an effort to request that they monitor situation.

David Atkinson spoke at this point and advised that there was an ever decreasing budget and advised that there would be very little capacity to do any work on unclassified roads.  He agreed to resend to Clerk the Highways Maintenance Plan for 2016 which would illustrate the extent to what works would be done.  He encouraged the Parish Council to use the Parish Lengthsman as much as possible as this was one way of keeping drains and ditches running to preserve road surfaces.

Footpaths

Report from BFisher – EnviroAbility due to visit to carry out quite a lot of work –  noted that there was £656 available to spend prior to 31st March, 2017.  Agreed if there was an overspend Parish Council would finance difference.  Noted all in place for maximum grant in 2017/18.

Hfds. Walking Festival – Mrs. Fisher was hosting a walk through the Parish as part of the event on 18th June, 2017.  Mr. Jones volunteered to assist.

Planning Applications                     

163944 and 163945 – Proposed conversion of barn to dwelling and new garage/store with carport at The Grove, Llangrove, Ross on Wye, Hfds. for Mr. and Mrs. S. Berryman.  The Parish Council have no objections to this application.

 SID and Freemans

The Clerk confirmed that Freeman had handed over keys and all operating programme to her.  She had notified insurance company.  Freemans had also advised that if agreement could be reached with Hfds. Council they were more than happy to help with installation of pad/pole at other end of village.  They suggested Parish Council liaise with Mr. A. Byng of Hfds. Council who had assisted them in resolving previous issues.  Clerk to attend to this and also ask Mr. Griffiths if he was able to handle the computer programming of SID.

 Neighbourhood Plan                       

Clerk explained that owing to a hold up caused by Hfds. Council having a backlog of HRA and SEA reports to compile there had been a delay.  However the mailshot was now in hand for the Regulation 14 consultation to take place from 6/2/17 to 20/3/17.

Finance

Receipts – NSB interest of £29.70 giving balance of £4,972.10.  Donation of £235 towards Llangrove Defibrillator giving Current account balance of £9,759.29.

Payments – At proposal of Mr. Joseph and seconded by Mr. Morehead agreed to pay Hfd. And Worc. First Responders £500 in respect of Llangrove Defibrillator.  Noted that this left a balance in the accounts of £103 to be ring fenced for defibrillator expenses at future date.  At proposal of Mrs. Fisher and seconded by Mr. Bainbridge agreed to pay Hoople sum of £165.60 re preparation of maps for Neighbourhood Plan.

Replacement Clerk

Noted that two applications received and interviews scheduled for 10th February, 2017.  Clerk commented that she had clarified position with regards to Pension and it only applied to each particular Parish Council.  Noted that no further action required until May 2017.

Llangrove Bus Shelter

Leave in abeyance – awaiting progress report from Scouts.

Llangarron BT Payphone

Clerk had started process of adoption – leave in abeyance.

Llangarron Village Map                   

Clerk had approached Jonathan Price who had done Llangrove Village Map but he no longer had suitable equipment to undertake the project.  Agreed Clerk to put article in Borders News to ascertain whether any local resident would like to take on the project.

Waste Charges Consultation

The consultation being undertaken by Hfds. Council had been circulated.  Discussion followed and it was agreed Mr. Hitchen to return comment on behalf of Council.

 Correspondence Received

Nothing to report as all circulated to Councillors.

Q & A’s to Ward Councillor

New Homes Bonus – Elissa explained this went to Hfds. Council budget.

Transport Consultation – Elissa requested that the Parish Council wrote to her with their ideas and she would take up with Paul Rone.  Agreed Clerk should write asking whether school bus could be utilised to Ross on Wye and Monmouth or whether the school taxis when travelling empty back and forth from Whitchurch could ferry residents to Whitchurch to catch the regular bus services there.

People Plus sends offenders out to Community to do pay back works organised by George Branch – raise with John Campion at APM.

Freemans Development – concern re mud on road and use of field for storage not obtaining permission – Elissa agreed to deal with Enforcement Office on this.

Any Other Business

No items raised.

There being no further business, the Meeting was closed by the Chair at 9.25 p.m.

The date of the next Meeting to be Tuesday, 28th February, 2017 at